BCALM is currently looking for a Treasurer to join the Board of Directors!
Are you looking for an opportunity to volunteer for a progressive wellness organization, further your board experience, and make a difference in the community? The ideal candidate holds CPA or other recognized accounting designation or equivalent experience with corporate and/or not-for-profit financial management.
If interested, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com before JANUARY 8, 2021. *Please ensure your cover letter clearly indicates how you meet the requirements (duties and responsibilities, skills and qualifications, and time commitment) for this position.
Treasurer – Position Description
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the production of financial statements and present same to the Board of Directors at least quarterly
- Oversee the production of the annual budget and annual financial statements for Board approval
- Alert the Board of Directors to financial matters that materially affect BCALM
- Ensure proper storage of the financial records to comply with the Society’s Act
- Provide relevant financial information as required for grant applications
- Liaise with BCALM staff if required
Skills and Qualifications
- CPA or other recognized accounting designation or equivalent experience with corporate and/or not-for-profit financial management
- Ability to work independently, exercise confidentiality and good judgment
- Understand the Governance principles of Boards of Directors and able to extrapolate data and synthesize strategic financial direction for the organization
- Align with the mission and values of BCALM
- The Treasurer must prepare for and attend monthly board meetings (virtually at the moment), participate in committee activities, and attend the AGM. Commitment is 6-7 hours/month.