Call for Director Nominees
The Calgary Chamber is seeking nominations for general election of two (2) Directors to take office for a three-year period commencing January 1, 2022.
As a member, you play an important role in setting the direction for the Calgary Chamber through your nomination of a member in good standing for the Chamber’s Board of Directors. The nominee which you put forward should be an individual who is part of your Chamber network and not part of your organization.
The Calgary Chamber embraces inclusivity and diversification as key success factors for our board. It is our intent to always have a balanced and diverse Board of Directors, one that is representative of Calgary’s business community.
This year, the Board of Directors is looking for nominees to fulfill representation within the following strategic areas:
- Financial Literacy & Acumen – A CA/CPA designation, with an investment perspective and experience and literacy in reading financial reports including balance sheets, income statements and other related financial and management performance reports.
- Digital Technology Commercialization – Understand technology and how it is utilized in creating value in business models, customer experiences and the internal capabilities that support the Chamber’s core operations.
- Tech Innovator – Someone who can look futuristically at new technology trends, innovations inside and outside the industry, is a creative thinker, and can also review systems and platforms and advise of where to streamline, reduce waste, and build robust systems that are secure and compliant to all data protection and cyber security guidelines.
- Private equity and venture capital – Understanding of investments, and private equity markets and a strong understanding of venture capital and how it can support the long term growth and scalability of small businesses.
Further, the elected Chamber Director(s) must have the following assets and experience:
- Purpose driven strategic perspective
- Senior executive leadership experience
- Commitment and passion to the Calgary Chamber
- Board Governance and
- Financial Literacy
Nominations will close at 4:00 pm, October 8, 2021.
After this time, no further nominations will be accepted.
For more information and details on nomination criteria, please consult the documents below:
- Governance and leadership expertise for 2022 Calgary Chamber Board
- Calgary Chamber Board of Directors Nominee Consent and Questionnaire Form
Please note, members cannot self-nominate. A member must nominate another member in good standing.