Director of Social Media
Wings of Hope is a registered charitable organization that provides financial relief to breast cancer patients in dire financial need by providing funds for their basic living expenses, allowing them to focus on their recovery. Wings of Hope relies on a group of a highly motivated and skilled board of directors and is 100% volunteer run.
We are currently seeking a volunteer Social Media Content Specialist to join our Board of Directors.
We are looking for a savvy content specialist to guide and develop the content creation process for our brand to increase online presence and improve marketing and expand donor reach for Wings of Hope. As a content specialist, you will be required to research and define desired target audiences, manage the content creation and publishing process, and monitor consumer and content metrics.
To ensure success as a content specialist, you should show a keen eye for detail and be highly creative. As a social media content specialist, your job duties include defining important social media keywords, staying current with the latest social media practices and technologies, using social media marketing tools, and helping to implement the campaign you design. You are in charge of copywriting posts in collaboration with the marketing department and working with multiple online platforms.
Content Specialist Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the Director of Digital Marketing to ideate and define content goals.
- Researching content and consumer trends to ensure that content is relevant and appealing.
- Developing content strategies to effectively reach the desired target audience (i.e. donors) and marketing goals.
- Creating content for a variety of platforms including blogs, websites, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and other social platforms is required.
- Proofreading and editing content before publishing.
- Ensuring that SEO and SMO strategies are effectively implemented.
- Managing content calendars and ensuring that the content remains consistent across all platforms.
- Coordinating with the Director of Digital Marketing to ensure the timely delivery of assignments.
- Keeping up to date with content trends, preferences, and advancements in technology.
Content Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in literature, journalism, marketing, communications, or similar.
- A minimum of two years of experience in content creation, marketing, communications, or similar.
- Good knowledge of content and layout design tools such as Adobe InCopy and InDesign.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office and Google Suite.
- Good knowledge of various content platforms such as social media, blogs, and print media.
- Strong understanding of content practices such as SEO and SMO.
- critical thinking, problem-solving skills, time-management skills, and the ability to multitask.
- You should have evident interpersonal communication skills and be able to work as a team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to keep abreast of content and consumer trends and advancements in technology.