Fiddlehead applies advanced data science techniques like machine learning to solve some of the most complex problems facing the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. For the last six years, it has helped leading manufacturers like McCain Foods drive growth through advanced analytics and find new ways to monetize their data.
With Fiddlehead’s focus and its commitment to ensuring strong oversight and input to its future growth, we believe that an important prerequisite to this is having a Board that comprises individual directors who, collectively, have the full range of skills, expertise and experience necessary to oversee management and otherwise fulfill its duties and responsibilities. While the appropriate technical skills and experience are essential, equally important are the diverse personal attributes and competencies a prospective Board member will bring to the table.
The Fiddlehead Board is currently seeking a new Board Member: one with deep experience in an analytics, commercial, or supply chain function for an FMCG manufacturer with > = $500M in annual revenues. This Board member will have an extraordinary opportunity to contribute to the oversight and continued development of an inclusive organization with a reputation as an innovative leader for using advanced analytic techniques like machine learning to solve some of the most complex problems facing the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry.
Fiddlehead is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Every effort will be made through this process to ensure diverse candidates are considered who reflect a range of experiences and backgrounds.
- The primary responsibility of our Non-Executive Independent Director as part of the Board of Directors is to supervise and evaluate performance of management, including the CEO
- Provide fiduciary oversight and monitor the general affairs of Fiddlehead and the business connected with it
- Advise our CEO and senior management
- Oversee the execution of our Company’s strategy by our CEO and senior management
- The Non-Executive Independent Director is responsible for the quality of their own performance.
- Ability to commitment to approximately six half-day working sessions either in person or via video conference over the course of Fiddlehead’s fiscal year
KEY QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCES:
- 10+ years of experience at a VP level or above in an analytics, commercial, or supply chain function for an FMCG manufacturer with > = $500M in annual revenues
- Experience within a food or beverage category is preferred
- No more than 2 years into retirement or currently employed with a company not considered a competitor of McCain Foods
- Extensive network within the FMCG industry and a willingness to provide warm introductions for Fiddlehead
- Meets standards established for independence, including a person who is not nor has been (a) an employee of McCain Foods or Fiddlehead, an officer or legal counsel of McCain Foods or Fiddlehead or any of their respective Affiliates, or (b) any person related by blood, adoption or marriage to any of the foregoing
$2,500 per meeting and travel per diem if applicable for an estimated 6 meetings per year.
DIRECTOR AND OFFICER LIABILITY INSURANCE:
$1M CDN in coverage.
If you are based in Canada and interested in being able to advise, influence and partner with an innovative data science company, please send your resume directly to Leah Merli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be accepting resumes until May 21st, 2021.
The above information indicates the general nature and level of work performed within this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of members assigned to this job.
Fiddlehead is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process please let us know, and we will work with you to meet your needs.