Last updated: April 17, 2021
Personal information collection
- information about your use of this website (including all information
included as part of the members directory);
- information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the
website or otherwise registering for or participating in any of our events or programs (including name, email address, phone number, login name and password, and address);
- information about transactions carried out over this website (including
members directory activity and event registration);
- information that you provide for the purpose of attending events or subscribing to
our services (including all information included on the members
- device and network data and usage data, which may be automatically collected as a result of using our website or accessing our services, including your device’s hardware model, browser type, IP address, operating system version, language settings, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, mobile network data, access times, pages viewed, the routes by which you access our website or services, and use of any hyperlinks available on our website;
- personal data collected from other sources, including other members or users of our website or services, third parties hosting events, including those sponsored by Board Ready Women (when they share event attendance or participation information from us), publicly available sources, and third party social media and communication services such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram and LinkedIn, that you use to interact with us or that allow you to share information, but always in accordance with the authorization procedures and privacy settings you establish with such services;
- any other information that you send or provide to Board Ready Women, including feedback or other submissions, as a result of participation in any of our events or offerings or use of other features or services that may be offered from time to time and which may require collection of certain personal information to utilize the features.
Use and disclosure of personal information
We collect and use personal information for various purposes, including to:
- administer this website;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of our services, including website services;
- provide, maintain and improve our data, products, services and events;
- manage accounts;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you;
- respond to your requests and other communications from you;
- offer, conduct and administer events and programs;
- send you marketing communications about products, services, events and provide news and information that we believe may be of interest to you; and
- process your personal information in accordance with your consent or instructions.
We share personal information for the purposes described below:
- With our Affiliates and Associates. We share personal information with our affiliates and associates, whether existing now or in the future, for the purposes described above under “Use and disclosure of personal information”.
- With our Service Providers. We share personal information with unaffiliated organizations or individuals we hire or work with that perform services on our behalf, including member support, web hosting, information technology, payment processing, direct mail and email distribution, events, advertising and analytics services. These third party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their services but may not use it for other purposes. Our service providers may be located outside of Canada, so please note that these disclosures may involve cross-border data transfers of your personal information as described in “Cross-border data transfers” below.
- With our Professional Advisors. We share personal information with our legal, financial, insurance and other advisors in connection with any transactions described herein or in connection with the management of all or part of our business or operations.
- With Your Consent or at Your Direction. We share personal information with third parties when we have your consent to do so. For example, if you decide to participate in certain interactive areas or features of our events or Services, such as creating a public profile and posting your goals, you consent to the disclosure of this information to other users of our websites. We may also share your personal data with third parties when you intentionally direct us to do so or when you use our Services to intentionally interact with third parties.
- Aggregated, Anonymized or De-identified Data. We may also share aggregated, anonymized or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information in accordance with applicable law. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, Board Ready Women will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information we hold if such personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected.
Securing your data
Board Ready Women will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information, including to store all the personal information you provide on our servers or the servers of third party service providers with reasonable technical and organizational precautions.
Cross-border data transfers
Our website contains links to third party websites that are not controlled or operated by Board Ready Women. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Board Ready Women does not accept or have any responsibility or liability for the privacy policies or practices of any third party. Pease review these policies before you disclose any personal information when visiting such third party websites.
Contact Board Ready Women
treatment of your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .