Board of Directors Member, MLSE Foundation,
50 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2X8, Canada
MLSE Foundation is an organization built on the belief that sport has the power to change the world. With the support of Toronto Argos, Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors and Toronto FC, we invest in programs, organizations and communities to empower the next generation to use sport to recognize and reach their potential. Since launching in December 2009, MLSE Foundation has invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities. We fight to provide equitable access to sport and opportunity on the playing field that leads to success and opportunity off the playing field. We know that by changing the game, we can change the future.
MLSE Foundation is looking for dynamic and skilled leaders to join our Board of Directors. Nominations are being sought for individuals to fill 2 positions to be elected by the MLSE Foundation Board of Directors at the June 17th, 2021 Board meeting.
The Nominations Committee is seeking candidates for 2 Director positions with any combination of the following prioritized competencies:
- Finance and/or Accounting background
- Information Technology
- Analytics, Measurement and Evaluation
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Fundraising and Revenue Generation linked to organizational sustainability
- Strategic and/or innovative leadership with national corporate or non-profit organizations
- Legal and/or understanding of the Canadian and Ontario Not For Profit Acts
As we evolve the organization to better reflect our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, preference will be given to individuals from the following groups:
- Indigenous peoples (First Nations – includes Status, Treaty or Non-Status, Métis and Inuit)
- Visible minorities (includes people (other than Indigenous) who are non-white (regardless of place of birth)
- Individuals with a disability
- LGBTQI2S+ individuals
Term Limits and Responsibilities:
- Currently, Board terms are for one year renewed annually
- Board of Director meetings are held quarterly
- Additional committee and ad hoc working groups as required
- All expenses to participate in meetings are covered by the organization
Board member responsibilities include:
- Guidance and leadership to the Executive Director and staff as they implement the strategic fundraising and operational plans
- Reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving annual budget and audit reports
- Representing MLSE Foundation to stakeholders and acting as an ambassador to the organization
- Contribute to resource development and growth of MLSE Foundation’s network
Individuals who are 18 years of age or older, have the power under law to contract, are not an employee or paid contractor of MLSE or MLSE Foundation, and have a passion for harnessing the power of sport to help youth reach their potential on and off the field.
Deadline for Expressions of Interest: February 25th, 2021
Visit mlsefoundation.org for more information and follow @mlsefoundation on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Inquiries for additional information about the MLSE Foundation Board of Directors should be directed to Tanya Mruck at firstname.lastname@example.org.