Director of Programs
Wings of Hope is a registered charitable organization that provides financial relief to breast cancer patients in dire financial need by providing funds for their basic living expenses, allowing them to focus on their recovery. Wings of Hope relies on a group of a highly motivated and skilled board of directors and is 100% volunteer run.
We are currently seeking a volunteer Director of Programs to join our Board of Directors.
- Review and approve financial assistance applications and disbursement of funds based on the board approved budget
- Oversee and work with the other volunteer team members to ensure funds are distributed to our clients in a timely manner
- Organize the annual Gift of Hope program with the assistance of the Gift of Hope Volunteer Coordinator and the Tom Baker Cancer Centre (“TBCC”) social workers
- Liaison with TBCC social workers regularly to maintain relationship, seek clarification on client applications and/or to address any immediate concerns
- Provide updated application materials and terms of reference to TBCC social workers
- Point of contact for client concerns, application information or any other required client communications
- Review and make recommendations to financial assistance programs terms of reference, if required
- Attend board meetings once a month; report and track utilization of all financial assistance programs in collaboration with AFAP Controller
- Contribute to the achievement of the organization’s mission and participate in fundraising events for WOH
- An empathetic leader with strong people and relationship building skills
- Excellent written, and verbal communications skills
- Ability to critically assess and think strategically in terms of the overall goals of the organization when applying and recommending regulations for program funding
- Medical background considered an asset but not a requirement
Please apply by emailing Board Chair, Brianna Guenther at firstname.lastname@example.org expressing interest and relevant experience – no later than November 15, 2021.