Fast-Track Your Board Career - Speed Interviews & Mentoring Workshop
September 18, 2023
We are pleased to invite you to join our next Board Ready Women event on September 18th from 3:30 to 7:00 pm (MT). We are hosting this session in person at the McCarthy Tétrault Calgary offices. In-person registration starts at 3:00 pm, with the session starting at 3:30 pm, followed by cocktails and networking.
As you may have heard, Board Ready Women have had some tremendous success in achieving our objective of getting more “board ready” women in Alberta on Boards, and we are currently celebrating our 5th Anniversary!
As a special tribute to all of you and to demonstrate the incredible talent we have in this city, we are hosting a development session that will help you prepare for Board interviews. The objective is to gain exposure to Board recruitment experts and obtain feedback and tips on your Board CVs. This will be done through a live 10 – 15-minute speed interview with a Board recruiter. Come prepared with
- a one to two minute “stump speech” which would summarize your personal value proposition to a Board,
- your 1 – 2-page Board CV printed (several copies).
While waiting for your speed interview, you will have the opportunity for one-on-one speed-mentoring with one of our experienced Board Mentors, who will be available to confidentially discuss any “CONE OF SILENCE” topics that you need feedback or thoughts on.
At the end of the session, we will have a wrap-up discussion with the recruiters to provide their observations on any themes or additional tips. As always, it is our tradition to end the event with a networking session.
SPACES ARE LIMITED: Please register early to secure your spot with a Board recruiter and BRW mentors.
To help you prepare for the workshop, the registered attendees will receive an email containing the following resources:
- A Board CV template
- A Stump speech / elevator pitch guide, and
- A comprehensive “Getting on board” booklet
- Members: Free
Includes: BRW Network, BRW mentor (registered), Corporate member (registered). Uncertain about your membership status? Check with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Non-members: $75
List of Participating Recruiters:
Board Ready Women Recruitment Partners
- Korn Ferry
- DHR Global
- Russell Reynolds Associates
- ProFound Talent
- Odgers Berndtson
Other Participating Organizations
- Leaders International
- Heidrick & Struggles
- August Leadership
- Pekarsky & Co
Some Of Your Comments:
- One of your best sessions I’ve attended. Found it very valuable to connect with recruiters
- I really liked
- the pre-work
- quality of mentors
- quality of recruiters
- summary at conclusion of event
- I very much liked the great variety of experience and valuable time with mentors.
- The number of recruiters that attended was fantastic.
- I thought that it was all fantastic. Really great people to speak with and get advice, mentoring and build confidence.
- The “speed” and quality was fantastic! Great for thinking on our feet and maximizing the time together.
- I liked the networking the most. The structure and format made it easier to approach people
- Great to meet several people with great feedback for me. Also, great work at ensuring fit for purpose preparedness.
- It was great to meet some new people and hear other people’s board journeys.
- I appreciated the opportunity to network and meet with recruiters in a less stressful environment. It was excellent to get honest feedback. I also enjoyed the “wrap up” comments for the recruiters at the end.
- Having the opportunity to ask questions of a recruiter, given my limited experience in this regard, as well as the confidential mentor discussion, very helpful.
- Fantastic impact and time efficiency
- Advice was great, quality of experienced mentors was great. I found the amount of time was perfect to address one topic.
- I really appreciated having the mentorship session. I gained helpful advice and I also made a great contact.
- I totally redid my board resume after the mentoring session and the advice was super insightful.
- I really enjoyed seeing familiar faces from other women’s networks. I experienced a real sense of community and support. Thank you!
- When an event provides this much value, it is worth any effort to attend.
- Thank you for hosting what was a fabulous, helpful, insightful, well organized event. Left super-charged and energized.